Are you enthusiastic about cooking and grilling?
Well, if yes, you need to have a Pellet grill for searing. The grill is multipurpose that will help you in grilling, roasting, barbeque, and more.
The pellet grills are versatile. Therefore, the versatility of these pellet grills has increased sales.
Everyone loves the crosshatched grill marks on their steaks; the pellet grill will help in achieving those beautiful marks, that will make your steaks look more appetizing. We will help you find the best pellet grill for searing. If you are looking for a basic grill, it is better to find a pellet grill; because of the multipurpose functioning of searing, grilling, and roasting.
In this post we'll cover:
- 1 How to Do Searing on A Pellet Grill?
- 2 The Difference Between Searing Steak On The Pan And Pellet Grill
- 3 What Is The Best Temperature To Sear A Steak?
- 4 Best Pellet Grill for Searing Right Now in The Market
- 5 Grill Grate For Searing
- 6 Can you sear on a pellet grill?
- 7 How do you use a camp chef sear box?
- 8 How do you reverse sear a steak on a pellet grill?
- 9 How do you clean a camp chef sear box?
How to Do Searing on A Pellet Grill?
Now that you have found the grill for searing, you need to know how to do searing on a pellet grill. Searing on a pellet grill is not as easy as it seems. If you do not follow some steps, you might end up having a burnt steak that is undercooked from the inside.
Here is how,
- You need to preheat the Pellet grill. All you need to do is to open the pellet grill and let it heat on the high temperature. You need to wait until you see the smoke coming out of the pellet grill.
- Once you see the smoke coming out of the pellet grill, you need to preheat the grill with the lid covered.
- Let the pellet grill heat for the next 15-20 mins.
- However, now that the grill is heated, navigate a spot that is hot on the cast iron pellet grill.
- Place the steak on the heated spot and let is sear.
- Once you see the marks on the steaks are prominent, and according to how you want them, remove the steak from the grill. Make sure the steak is cooked according to your preference.
The Difference Between Searing Steak On The Pan And Pellet Grill
While you are searing on the grill, the steak is not in full contact with the grilling. Whereas, when you are cooking on pan, it takes less time because the meat is entirely in connection with the pan. So, when you are using the Pellet grill, make sure it is preheated.
What Is The Best Temperature To Sear A Steak?
If you know how to sear on a pellet grill, you also need to know the temperature while you use the grill for searing, you need to know the exact temperature that is appropriate for searing. The temperature is crucial because if the temperature is not set accurately, you might end up having a steak that is burnt.
So, when you are setting up the pellet grill, adjust the temperature at high, at about 350°F. While you are preheating the grill with the lid.
Once you put the piece of meat on the grill, the cooking time depends upon the thickness of the meat. Also, it is your preference regarding the rareness of the steak. When you are about to remove the steak, higher the temperature to 500°F. The high temperature will help you get the beautiful grill marks on the steak, but make sure to do it quickly.
Best Pellet Grill for Searing Right Now in The Market
If you would like to add the perfect sear mark on your meat, you do not have to worry. There is a wide range of distinct on Amazon. Here are some of the pellet grills for searing, that you might want to add in your outdoor space.
Are you looking for the pellet grills for searing? Do you want a versatile pellet grill? Various Pellet grills have advanced technology to control and release smoke.
Camp Chef is one of them. Camp Chef Pellet Grill will be the best choice. You can have it in your backyard and enjoy some outdoor parties.
This Camp Chef Woodwind Pellet Grill with Sear Box comes with an excellent area for grilling and roasting. So, you do not have to do multiple batches of grilling; instead, you can cook one big batch altogether. Also take a look Camp Chef Woodwind full review.
- Large grill plate
- Efficient burner
- Hard to clean
The SmokePro DLX is the pellet grill for outdoor parties. It has an ash cleanout as well as grease cleaning system, which makes it easier for you to clean the pellet grill after using.
- Great price
- Amazing quality
- Not easy to move
Grill Grate For Searing
If you don’t plan to invest in new grill right now, This GrillGrate set will help you get the fantastic sear marks. The grill grate will not rust, and the aluminum will help in heating the grill evenly. You can find the grill grate below
- Great quality
- Cook the food evenly
- Takes time to heat up
Can you sear on a pellet grill?
Are you wondering if you can sear on the pellet gear; the answer is yes. Pellet grill has multipurpose functioning that will help you in searing, roasting, and the smoke will help in grilling the steak incredibly. Searing is the process, the requires cooking the meat fast.
This helps in sealing the juices that the meat contains. So, if you have a pellet grill, you can sear the meat on it.
How do you use a camp chef sear box?
The camp chef sear box is there to provide you the ultimate experience of cooking outdoors. It can be used in multiple ways, you can use it to boil or steam also used as a grill or griddle for the steaks. Moreover, you can even roast, and steam on the Camp chef sear box.
How do you reverse sear a steak on a pellet grill?
If you are wondering how to reverse sear, here is what you can do.
- Take the meat out of the fridge and dry it with the help of a kitchen towel. You can leave the meat on the room temperature now, for 20 mins to 1 hour, depending on your preference.
- Make sure to preheat the pellet grill at 350°F. Later, when your grill is heated, and idling at 180°F, you can place your meat. Make sure not you place the meat where the heat is the highest. Although, put it in the path of smoke flow. The smoke will help in cooking.
- Now as soon as the meat reaches 110°F, you need to work fast. Turn up the heat to 500°F and rub the searing oil on it. Leave the steak on the grill for 1 minute on each side. This will help have the appetizing char marks.
- Note if you like medium-rare steak, the temperature of the meat should be 130-135°F. Whereas you can achieve the medium steak on 145°F, and medium-well will be on 155°F. Also, if you like your steak well done, the temperature of the steak should be 160°F or more.
However, you need to remember if you prefer well-done steak, you should not complain about the steak not being juicy.
How do you clean a camp chef sear box?
While you use the high temperature for cooking and searing the meat, you might also need to look after the camp chef sear box. After you are done with the grilling, cleaning is essential. Here is how you can clean the camp chef sear box.
- Let the pellet grill cool down and turn off the fuel supply.
- You need to have a cleaner and a conditioner, that is appropriate for the cast iron cleaning.
- Occasionally, you need to clean the interior of the sear box with a cleaner, and then brushing it with the help of oil or cleaner.
- Also, clean the exterior of the sear box with the soapy water.
- This way, your camp chef sear box will last long, and it will not rust.
That all the information about pellet grill for searing. You will find multiple options of pellet grill according to your specifications.
Also read: Who makes Cabelas pellet grills?