- Weber Spirit II E 210:
- Burners: Two Primary Burners
- Primary Grilling Area: 360 square inches
- Grate: Porcelain enameled cast iron
- Warming Rack Area: 90 square inches
- Heating Capacity: 26,500 BTU/hr
- Dimensions: 44.5″H X 48″W X 27″D
- Weber Spirit II E 310:
- Burners: Three Primary Burners
- Primary Grilling Area: 424 square inches
- Warming Rack Area: 105 square inches
- Cooking Grate: Porcelain enameled cast iron
- Heating Capacity: 30,000 BTU/hr
If you’re short on time, check out this two-minute video from Weber to get a close-up look at all the features.
In this post we'll cover:
- 1 Customer Reviews
- 2 Grilling Up a Storm with the Weber Spirit II E-310
- 3 Lighting Up the Weber Spirit II E-310 Grill Like a Pro
- 4 Understanding the Weber Spirit II E-310 Grill
- 5 Comparing the Spirit and Spirit II Grills
- 6 Grilling for Beginners: Weber Spirit E-210 vs Weber Spirit II E-210
- 7 Grilling with the Best: Weber Spirit E-310 vs. Weber Spirit II E-310
- 8 Conclusion
We took a deep dive into customer reviews for the Spirit II 210 and Spirit II 310 from Weber’s website, Amazon, and Home Depot. With over 37,000 reviews, it’s safe to say these grills have been popular!
Here’s what the data looks like:
- Spirit II 210: 19,824 reviews
- Spirit II 310: 17,953 reviews
The overwhelming majority of customers are loving their grills. Combining the 5-star and 4-star reviews, we find that around 94% of Spirit II 210 owners and 93% of Spirit II 310 owners are pleased.
The few complaints were mostly about damaged grills, uneven heating, and difficulty getting the grill up to temperature. But Weber was quick to respond and reach out to customers.
Grilling Up a Storm with the Weber Spirit II E-310
Searing to Perfection
So, how does this bad boy perform? I decided to put it to the test and fire up a few chickens to see how the sear feature works. The results? Juicy on the inside and perfectly charred on the outside! Those marks and that smoky flavor from the Cherry and Hickory pellets were out of this world!
However, you have to open up the back cover to adjust the burners, which means your food is exposed to direct heat. Not ideal for delicate items like chicken, meat, or fish. But, you can also use it to smoke with indirect heat at low temperatures for a long time!
Smoking with Style
I tested out the Traeger smoker box with Cherry and Hickory pellets, and after two hours the internal temperature was around 175 F. The food tasted great, so you can expect similar results from Weber’s built-in smoker box. If you want even more smoke flavor, light some newspaper underneath the firepot area and let the flames do their thing. You’ll get plenty of acrid smoke in no time.
Grilling on the Go
You can also use this grill to whip up a quick hot dog or hamburger without firing up the burners. After two minutes on the hot grill surface, my dogs were tasting way better than the microwaved steam table ones from Costco! Just leave the lid open if you want, but check back every few seconds to make sure there’s no flare-ups.
So, the Weber Spirit II E-310 can definitely cook up some delicious food with the right techniques. I wouldn’t recommend it for smoking, indirect cooking, or searing food, but it’s great for chicken and beef.
- Use a large bucket or trash bag underneath to catch any accidental drip burns if you’re using lighter fluid or wood pellets.
- Put aluminum foil under your Traeger smoker box while cooking to prevent rust.
Lighting Up the Weber Spirit II E-310 Grill Like a Pro
So you’ve got your Weber Spirit II E-310 grill and you’re ready to get grilling! But before you start, you need to know how to light it up. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Here’s a quick guide to lighting up the burners with the small circular igniters:
- Make sure you’re being extra careful when playing with fire. It’s easy to get distracted and end up burning yourself.
- If you do get burnt, run inside and put some ice on it to reduce swelling and redness.
- Now you’re ready to light up the burners.
Light ‘Em Up!
It’s time to get cooking! Here’s how you can light up the burners with the small circular igniters:
- Grab your trusty igniters and get ready to light up the burners.
- Take a deep breath and make sure you’re paying attention.
- Now it’s time to get cooking!
It’s important to remember that safety always comes first. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when using your Weber Spirit II E-310 grill:
- Be extra careful when playing with fire.
- If you get burnt, run inside and put some ice on it.
- Make sure you’re paying attention and not getting distracted.
Now you know how to light up the burners with the small circular igniters, so get grilling!
Understanding the Weber Spirit II E-310 Grill
What It Is
The Weber Spirit II E-310 is a propane-powered grill that’s perfect for backyard barbecues and family gatherings. It’s got three burners, a built-in smoker box, and plenty of space to cook up a feast.
What It Does
This grill is great for grilling, searing, and smoking all sorts of delicious dishes. With its three burners, you can control the temperature to get the perfect sear or slow-cook your favorite smoked ribs. Plus, the built-in smoker box lets you add a smoky flavor to your food without having to buy a separate smoker.
The Weber Spirit II E-310 is a great choice for anyone who wants to get the most out of their backyard grilling. Here’s what you can do with it:
- Low & Slow Smoking: This grill is perfect for slow-cooking your favorite smoked dishes. Just add some wood chips to the smoker box and you’re good to go.
- Moderate Searing & Grilling: With its three burners, you can easily adjust the temperature to get the perfect sear or grill.
- Large Parties & Family Gatherings: With its large grilling area, you can easily cook up a feast for your friends and family.
- Easy Cleanup: Cleaning up after a cookout is a breeze with this grill. Just take off the burners and scrape off any remaining ashes.
If you’re looking for something a bit cheaper, then you might want to check out the Weber Q 300 or the Weber Original Kettle Premium. Both of these grills are made of aluminum instead of stainless steel, so they won’t last as long, but they’ll still get the job done. Plus, they’re a lot cheaper than the Spirit II E-310.
If you’re in the market for a great backyard grill, then the Weber Spirit II E-310 is a great choice. It’s got plenty of space, three burners, and a built-in smoker box, so you can get the most out of your grilling experience. Plus, it’s easy to clean up after you’re done cooking. So, if you’re looking for a great grill at a great price, then the Weber Spirit II E-310 is the one for you!
Comparing the Spirit and Spirit II Grills
What’s the Same?
Both the Spirit and Spirit II grills have the same cooking area (360 sq in primary + 90 secondary), heat output (26,500 BTU/hr) and porcelain enameled cast iron grates. So, if you’re looking for a grill that’ll cook up some delicious food, you’re in luck!
When it comes to the Spirit and Spirit II grills, there are a few key differences to keep in mind:
- Open Cart vs Closed Cabinet: The Spirit II grills have an open cart design, while the standard Spirit grills have a closed cabinet. This means that the propane tank is located on the side of the Spirit II grill, making it easier to install and remove.
- Collapsible Side Tables: The Spirit II grills have collapsible side tables on the left side, while the original Spirit grills have collapsible side tables on both sides. This makes the Spirit II grills a bit wider than the original Spirit grills.
- GS4 Grilling System: The Spirit II grills come with three of the GS4 upgrades, including a new Flavorizer bar design, a new grease drain design, and a longer lasting ignition system.
- Reliability and Warranty: The warranty on the Spirit II 210 covers every single component for 10 years, while the original E 210 only covers certain components for a shorter period of time.
- Wheel Design: The original Spirit grills have four small caster wheels, two of which are locking, while the Spirit II grills have two large wheels on the right side and leg mounts on the left.
So, if you’re looking for a grill that’s reliable, has a longer warranty, and is easier to move around, the Spirit II grills are the way to go!
Grilling for Beginners: Weber Spirit E-210 vs Weber Spirit II E-210
Weber Spirit E-210
So you’ve decided to take the plunge into the world of grilling? Congratulations! The Weber Spirit E-210 is the perfect place to start. Here’s what you need to know about this compact, feature-packed grill:
- 360 sq. in. of cooking surface, plus an additional 90 sq. in. of warming rack.
- 10-year limited warranty on parts.
- Porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates for even heat distribution.
- 2 stainless steel burners with battery-powered ignition system.
- 26,500 BTUs of heat output.
- Enclosed cabinet design with single door for gas/propane tank protection and storage space.
- Stainless steel work surface made of cast aluminum, rust-resistant and durable.
- Flavorizer bars, grease management system, and 4 casters (2 of which are locking).
Weber Spirit II E-210
The Weber Spirit II E-210 is the next step up from the Spirit E-210. It’s still compact and easy to store, but with some upgraded features. Here’s what you need to know:
- 450 sq. in. of cooking space over 2 burners.
- 10-year comprehensive warranty on parts.
- Porcelain enamelled cast iron cooking grates.
- Improved infinity ignition for ultimate temperature control.
- Weber GS4 grilling system with flavorizer bars for smoky barbeque flavor.
- iGrill 3 compatibility (sold separately).
- 26,500 BTUs of heat output.
- Open cart design with 6 tool hooks.
- Glossy, porcelain-coated lid for better heat retention.
- Built-in lid thermometer.
- 2 sturdy wheels for easy transport.
Grilling with the Best: Weber Spirit E-310 vs. Weber Spirit II E-310
Weber Spirit E-310
This grill is the perfect size for a family cookout, with a generous 424 square inch primary cooking area and a 105 square inch warming rack (totaling 529 square inches of grilling space). It’s got all the bells and whistles you’d expect from a Weber grill, like porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grates, porcelain enameled flavorizer bars, and three stainless steel burners with a heat output of 32,000 BTUs. Plus, it’s got an electronic crossover ignition system that’ll light your burners with the push of a button.
The body of the grill is made of porcelain-coated stainless steel and cast aluminum, and it comes with a thermometer on the lid for accurate temperature readings. It also has an enclosed cabinet for storing your grilling accessories and keeping your propane tank safe from the elements. And it’s all backed by a 10-year Weber warranty.
Weber Spirit II E-310
The Spirit II E-310 is the perfect combination of smart technology and superior grilling. It’s got the iconic GS4 grilling system, 529 square inches of grilling space, three stainless steel burners, and a heat output of 30,000 BTUs. It also comes with a one-touch infinity ignition system, porcelain-coated flavorizer bars, and an effective grease management system.
Plus, it’s got porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates that heat up quickly and evenly, and it comes in a range of colors like red, ivory, and blue. It’s got an open cart design so your tools are easier to access, and the cook box is made of cast aluminum with a porcelain-coated lid and a digital thermometer. And it can be used as a propane model, too, with plenty of storage space for the tank and your grilling accessories. Plus, it’s got stainless steel side shelves and three hooks on each end for tools. And it’s all backed by a 10-year Weber warranty.
The Weber Spirit II line is a great choice if you’re looking for a smoker that’s easy to use, reliable, and will last you a long time. Plus, it’ll deliver delicious smoked meats just like a pro!
So, if you’re looking for a smoker that’ll last you a long time and deliver delicious smoked meats, the Spirit II line is the way to go!