Honey Ginger Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa
If you like your salmon spicy, here is another version you can try.
- 1 2 lb. wild caught salmon with skin on
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic grated
- Black pepper
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. chili paste
- 1 nectarine chopped
- 1 ear grilled corn kernels removed
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil chopped
Soak cedar plank anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours. Heat grill to medium heat.
Lay salmon on cedar grill skin side down. Rub salmon with lemon zest, ginger, pepper and garlic.
Place on grill and close grill. Grill 15 to 20 minutes or until salmon is grilled to your liking.
Combine soy sauce, honey and chili paste in small bowl. Brush over salmon during last five minutes of cooking.
Use spatula to remove salmon from grill.
Mix all salsa ingredients to make salsa.
Spoon salsa on top of salmon and serve.