One of the most versatile types of meat is rotisserie chicken. This meat can be added to almost any kind of dish out there, from salads to sandwiches and soups. But what would be the best way to reheat rotisserie chicken?
The rotisserie chicken continues to be a mainstay in almost every household dinner. Most of these meats are usually flavored with a rub that’s made with sugar and certain spices. Some of the most common rubs are lemon pepper and barbecue. Sometimes, the chicken is injected with saltwater in order to keep the meat moist.
Aside from being versatile, another great thing about the rotisserie chicken is that it’s inexpensive. Unfortunately, the meat tends to dry out very easily, especially if you end up reheating the meat in the wrong way. This is why it’s very important that you know the way to reheat rotisserie chicken.
In this post we'll cover:
- 1 Best Way to Reheat Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 How to Reheat Rotisserie Chicken in Oven
- 3 How to Reheat a Rotisserie Chicken in Microwave
- 4 How to Reheat Rotisserie Chicken on the Stove
- 5 How to Reheat Roasted Chicken
- 6 Store Leftover Rotisserie Chicken
- 7 How long can rotisserie chicken stay in the refrigerator?
- 8 How do you store rotisserie chicken?
- 9 How to keep rotisserie chicken warm?
- 10 How long to reheat rotisserie chicken in oven?
Best Way to Reheat Rotisserie Chicken
The most traditional way of reheating the rotisserie chicken, which is at medium oven temperature, has the tendency to dry out the meat. Also, this method rarely crisps back the skin. This is why the flashing method is often recommended when it comes to reheating the rotisserie chicken.
Flashing is a reheating method used in most professional kitchens. It requires heating food at high temperature for 2 to 10 minutes. The method reheats the chicken fast without the need to cook the meat over again, which maintains the meat’s moisture. Furthermore, the temperature used for this method is high enough to crisp the chicken’s skin to perfection. But it should be noted that flashing will only work for smaller meats, so you may have to slice your rotisserie chicken first.
How to Reheat Rotisserie Chicken in Oven
The most desirable way to reheat rotisserie chicken is in an oven. Although this method of reheating could take a while, it’s definitely worth it because the meat will be heated properly. In fact, some would prefer this method over the microwave since it guarantees to heat the meat evenly. If you prefer a slightly crispy texture, the oven can give you that.
Things You Need:
- Baking tray or oven safe dish
- Aluminium foil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the chicken in an oven-safe dish.
- Wrap the safe dish with foil before reheating rotisserie chicken in oven.
- Place the chicken in the oven and leave to reheat for 20 to 30 minutes, depending upon the size of the chicken and how long you leave it in the freezer.
- When it’s already been reheated to the level that you prefer, take the chicken out.
How to Reheat a Rotisserie Chicken in Microwave
Using the microwave is perhaps the most common way to reheat the rotisserie chicken. This is a great option and will leave the bird steaming hot in only a couple of seconds. When using the microwave, bear in mind that the microwave may not be able to heat up everything, so it’s not surprising to find cold spots in the chicken meat. Therefore, ensure that the bird is heated fully before you serve it.
Things You Need:
- A microwave safe dish
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and place in a container that’s microwave safe.
- Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute, depending on how cold the chicken is.
- Make sure the entire chicken is heated evenly and that there are no cold spots.
- When done, take the chicken out and enjoy.
How to Reheat Rotisserie Chicken on the Stove
It’s also possible to use the stovetop in reheating rotisserie chicken. This is another fast method of reheating but is not always the best if you’re going to reheat the whole chicken.
Things You Need:
- Pan or skillet
- Oil or non-stick spray
- Kitchen knife
- Slice the chicken in strips. But if you believe that it’s small enough to fit inside the pan, then there’s no longer a need to cut them.
- Heat the pan or skillet and add spray with non-stick spray or put small oil.
- Throw some chicken pieces into the pan.
- Leave it to reheat for a couple of minutes while moving it around constantly and flipping it when needed.
- When you’re done, take the chicken out and serve.
How to Reheat Roasted Chicken
After taking the chicken out of the fridge, leave it for at least 30 minutes before reheating roast chicken. It’s important that the chicken is in room temperature before you reheat it. As mentioned, the best way to reheat roasted chicken is through the oven.
Things You Need:
- Aluminium foil
- Baking tray
- Kitchen knife , cooking brush
- Preheat the oven for around 450°F to 475°F then cut the cold roast chicken to individual pieces.
- Arrange the pieces of chicken in the baking tray.
- Lightly brush the parts with butter. This can help to crisp the skin and keep the meat moist.
- Cover the chicken meat with aluminum foil and place inside the oven to reheat. This should take around 5 minutes.
Store Leftover Rotisserie Chicken
When it comes to refrigerating a hot rotisserie chicken, make sure you place the meat inside a shallow container or plate so it will cool quickly. Once the chicken pieces are already cool enough, cover the container and place the meat inside a sealable plastic bag.
How long can rotisserie chicken stay in the refrigerator?
A cooked rotisserie chicken that’s properly stored inside a fridge should last for up to 4 days. If you want to further extend its shelf life, freeze the chicken and place it inside an airtight container with a cover. You can also use heavy-duty freezer bags or wrap it tightly with aluminum foil.
How do you store rotisserie chicken?
Remove all the meat off the bones of the chicken before storing it in the fridge. Reheat the meat by microwaving it lightly. But don’t microwave it too long or the chicken will become a little funky while inside the microwave.
How to keep rotisserie chicken warm?
To keep the chicken warm, insulate the meat and place it inside a warm environment — Preheat the oven to 150°F. If your oven doesn’t have this low setting, set the oven to warm or Keep Warm. Wrap the meat tightly with aluminum foil after you take it out of the grill.
How long to reheat rotisserie chicken in oven?
About 20-30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F then place in baking tray cover with aluminum foil the toss in the oven and cook it 20-30 minutes or until Internal temp reaches 165°F it has done.