I love creating free content full of tips for my readers, you. I don't accept paid sponsorships, my opinion is my own, but if you find my recommendations helpful and you end up buying something you like through one of my links, I could earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more
Here are some tips on how to use your pellet smoker after you’ve bought it:
- Maintenance is key. It’s important that you keep the smoker clean as a build-up of debris and grease can negatively affect the flavor of your food in the long run. Make sure to invest in a cover to help protect it from the elements when not in use and prolong its lifespan.
- Avoid opening the lid while cooking. This will cause the smoke to leak out and compromise not only the temperature but the meat’s flavor.
- Put safety first. Don’t expose the smoker to rain, check all the components before you use it and don’t let the cords get wet.
- Keep in mind that you’ll have to replace some of the smoker’s components every now and then, like the gasket for example.
- The pellets should be stored properly in a dry and cool place away from moisture. Make sure they never get damp or wet, as that’ll render them useless.
Joost Nusselder, the founder of Lakeside Smokers is a content marketer, dad and loves trying out new food with BBQ Smoking (& Japanese food!) at the heart of his passion, and together with his team he's been creating in-depth blog articles since 2016 to help loyal readers with recipes and cooking tips.