Are you looking for the perfect way on how to cook eye of round roast? A guaranteed perfect, no-fail slice of red meat? This is it! And it is just so simple, just the way a good beef recipe should be –all about the meat and no other fillers.
Red meat must be handled with care all the time. It is a simple kind of thing that if you have a great butcher and excellent cut, the excessive extra flavor really doesn’t matter. Liberally season with salt and pepper and let your oven do the magic. This perfect eye of round roast recipe is actually a classic example of that. Not overworking the dish –for a complete delicious slice.
In this post we'll cover:
- 1 Best Way To Cook Eye Of Round Roast
- 2 How Do I Make An Eye Of Round Roast Tender?
- 3 How To Cook Eye Of Round Roast?
- 4 Eye Of Round Roast Recipes In Oven
- 5 How Long To Cook Eye Of Round Roast?
- 6 Recipes For Eye Of Round Roast
- 7 Is Eye Round Roast A Good Cut Of Meat?
- 8 How Do I Cook A Frozen Eye Of Round Roast?
- 9 How Do You Make A Tough Roast?
Best Way To Cook Eye Of Round Roast
The best way to cook eye of round roast is, of course, roasting. This is the best solution. The constant and slow heat coming from the oven allows the outside of the meat to become brown, while its internal temperature rises gently to 135°F.
For you to get the best outcome, when roasting, you need to look and create for that perfect outer texture for a tender bite. Remember, it is best to cook it slowly, as too fast and too hot may result in hard touch.
How Do I Make An Eye Of Round Roast Tender?
Tough cuts of meats like the eye of round roast aren’t only cheaper than the leaner counterparts when they’re cooked tender and right, they can deliver much more flavor. Nonetheless, you will not get any of this flavor without adding several steps in the preparation.
One way that you can do in making an eye of round roast tender is to pound it, pounding may soften and tenderize meat –making it much easier to eat and cut. Amongst the easiest and cleanest ways in doing this is sandwiching the beef in between pieces of wax paper or plastic wrap and pound it before you cook.
You may also give your eye of round roast a generous amount of salt about an hour before you start cooking, then rinse it under cold water, pat dry, and then start cooking. This will surely make your meat tenderer.
Besides, cooking eye of round roast slow and low for hours and hours, the collagen it will break eventually, leaving you strips of juicy, tender meat.
How To Cook Eye Of Round Roast?
The eye of round is an inexpensive cut that is taken from the backside of a cow. While it is true that the eye of round may definitely be tough at times, with proper attention and care, this very affordable cut may reach its full, most tender potential in a flash.
Instant Pot Eye Of Round Roast
Approximately half an hour before you cook the roast,
Thing You Need:
- Instant pot
- Garlic powder
- Cooking oil
- Take it out of the fridge so it may come into room temperature.
- Season the roast all over with garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
- When it is already in room temperature, put the oil in the Instant Pot liner and then press the sauté setting. After, sear the roast on all its sides, and then deglaze the liner using a cup of water.
- Turn the Instant Pot off and add the vegetables. Put in the roast on top, fat side up. Put the lid on and seal the vent. After, cook it on the manual for about 25 minutes.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes before the venting. The internal temperature must read about 145°F.
Sous Vide Eye Of Round Roast
Attach the immersion circulator into the stockpot occupied with water and then turn it on. After turning it on,
Thing You Need:
- Sous vide cooker
- Salt and pepper
- Zip lock bag or vacuum bag
- Aluminum foil
- Set it to 125°F if you want a rare to medium-rare eye of round roast.
- Season the beef thoroughly using salt and pepper, and then seal it in a vacuum seal bag with a vacuum sealer. Place in the water bath carefully, and then cover the top of it using an aluminum foil –bending the circulator around. Let this sit for about 24 hours.
- Place a large griddle or cast-iron skillet over high heat or heat the grill to high. Remove the roast carefully from the water. If the grill is already hot, or the skillet is smoking, cut open the bag and put the roast on the grill or skillet.
- Cook the side for 2 minutes before you flip it over and cook the other side for another 2 minutes. Remove it from heat. If you are using a blowtorch, you can graze the roast using the flame until it turns brown.
Eye Of Round Roast Recipes In Oven
Allow the beef to come into a room temperature 20-30 minutes before you cook it.
- Pat the eye of the round roast dry and then season all over using salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven at 450°F. Using a roasting pan, place the stew vegetables and meat. Settle the roast atop the meat & vegetables and cook it for about 30 minutes.
- Without opening the oven, turn the heat down to 300 and then cook it for 10 minutes more, or up until the beef internally temps 130.
- Remove it from the oven and wrap it with foil on a cutting board for about 20 minutes before you slice and serve it.
How Long To Cook Eye Of Round Roast?
If you want to make eye of round roast, it is best to know the right cooking time necessary for this cut to beef. The proper cooking time for this cut of meat may depend on the size of the cut, as well as how well do you wish the meat to be prepared.
*Oven Roast In A Pan At 325°F | 2 to 3 lbs of eye of round(from Well Done to Rare)
|Rare||Red meat with cold, yet soft center||140°F||35 – 38|
|Medium Rare||Red meat with warm, yet firm center||145°F||35 – 45|
|Medium||Pink meat, yet firm all over||160°F||45 – 53|
|Medium Well||Pink meat at the center, yet fairly firm meat||165°F||45 – 60|
|Well Done||Overall grey-brown meat and totally firm||170°F||55 – 68|
Recipes For Eye Of Round Roast
High-Temperature Eye Of Round Roast
Servings: 6 | Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 3 hr | Total Time: 3 hr 5 min
- 1 (3 lbs.) beef eye of round roast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Season the roast using salt and pepper and put it in a roasting pan. Do not cover or add water.
- Place the roast into the preheated oven. Reduce its temperature to 475°F. Roast it for 21 minutes then turn the oven off and let it sit for 2 ½ hours more. Don’t open the oven door at all.
- Remove the roast from the oven, its internal heat must’ve reached at least 145°F. Cut into thin slices and serve.
Boneless Eye Of Round Roast
Servings: 6 | Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 2 hr 51 min | Total Time: 2 hr 56 min
- Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- Kosher salt
- 3 pounds boneless eye of round roast
- Garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 500°F
- Rub some oil to the roast then dust it with garlic powder lightly. Season it with fresh kosher salt and ground pepper generously.
- Place in a roasting pan and put in the oven for about 18 minutes, until it sears.
- Keep the oven closed, shut off and let it roast to cook for 75 minutes, or up until its internal temperature reaches 130°F or the desired level of doneness you want.
- Take it away from the oven, put a foil over it, and let the roast rest for about 20 minutes. The temperature may continue to rise a few more degrees while it rests.
Deliciously Bold Eye Of Round Roast
- 1 (2 ½ lbs.) eye of round roast
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. red wine
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Combine all the marinade ingredients. Put the eye of round roast in a zip-lock plastic bag and then pour the marine onto it. Close the bag, getting rid of the air. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the roast from the marinade and pat dry. Get rid of the marinade and preheat the oven at 450°F. Put the roast in a roasting pan and season with salt and pepper. Roast it for about 15 minutes, and then reduce the heat to 325°F. Cook for about 70 minutes until the roast reaches medium-rare doneness.
- Remove it from the oven, tent it loosely using a foil and let it rest for about 10 minutes before you cut it thinly and serve.
Is Eye Round Roast A Good Cut Of Meat?
Yes, it is a good cut of meat and an affordable one! The eye round roast or eye of round roast is an economical cut of meat that comes from the rear leg of the beef heifer or steers. It has the same appearance as the tenderloin, yet it might be due to it being cut from a well-exercised muscle –it is tough and lean.
Even though it might be slow braising, poaching, simmering, or braising, it is so flavorful, and you may roast it too.
How Do I Cook A Frozen Eye Of Round Roast?
Cooking a frozen eye of round roast is somewhat the same as preparing a thawed roast, even though it might take about twice as long. Season it to taste, and then roast it until it gets to reach the preferred internal temperature.
How Do You Make A Tough Roast?
In making a tough roast, you need to do some techniques, just like cooking it slow and low. If you braise the meat, its collagen breaks down in the liquid and lets the tough muscles separately. Enough time is essential in breaking the cuts down. This will make the meat much tenderer and more appetizing.
Related: How to Sous Vide Prime Rib